Widdington - St Mary the Virgin
The walls are of flint and pebble rubble with dressings of limestone; the roofs are covered with tiles and slate. The only remaining part of the original 12th century church is a window in the north wall of the Chancel. The nave was rebuilt probably in the 15th century, when the north vestry was added. The church was completely restored in 1872, when the tower was rebuilt and the south porch added. There is a brass monument on the north wall of the nave depicting a civilian in a loose belted cloak, dating from around 1460 and the south door is also 15th century; the piscina in the chancel is older, dating from the 13th century. The church recently suffered a break-in when some antique brass candlesticks and chairs were stolen.