Wickham Bishops - St Peter
In the Domesday Survey of 1086, the manor of Wickham Bishops was recorded as belonging to the Bishops of London. It is possible that this church was originally constructed as a private chapel for the use of the Bishops when staying in the manor. The 12th century church was declared redundant in 1970 and is in the care of The Friends of Friendless Churches. In recent years it has been used as a workshop for a local stained glass artist.