Willingale Spain - St Andrews interior
The octagonal font dates from the late 14th century. It is decorated with quatrefoils in circles, and with panels containing carved roses and heads. In the chancel are 15th-century piscinae and an oolite altar slab with carved crosses. Also in the church are memorials dated 1614 in memory of the children of the rector. The organ was made in 1905 by Thomas S. Jones and Son, but had been removed by 1997. During WW2 Willingale was the base of the 387th Bombardment Division of the USAAF which flew B-26 Marauders and St Andrew's and All Saints was used as the base church. There is a permanent display inside the church commemorating this link. The church is no longer in regular use and is cared for by the Churches Conservation Trust.