Willingale Spain -St Andrews
St. Andrews Church shares Willingale churchyard with St Christophers Church.The churches are now united into one parish, but until 1929 there were two separate parishes in the village, each with its own rector. The parish of Willingale Spain derives the adjunct to its name from the family of Hervey de Spain, to whom it belonged at the time of the Domesday survey. The 12th century church, dedicated to St Andrew and All Saints, consists of a nave and chancel, with a small spire. There are 2 bells, one of which has a 15th century inscription. Roman tiles or bricks have been used for the corners of the church, and as a frame for the plain round-headed Norman north door. There are two tiny narrow splayed original windows in the north wall, one pointed, the other rounded. On the south side is an elegant lancet window, 6ft. high by 11 inches wide. The north and south chancel windows date from the time of Henvy VI.