Stow Maries - St Mary & St Margaret
Originally built in flint and rubble in the 15th century. In the 16th century, Tudor brick was used to partly rebuild the nave and add height. The chancel was raised on brick stepped gables and, unusually, is higher than the nave. A lighted cross is mounted on the 17th century weather boarded steeple. This was presented to the church in 1925 by Claude Ridley of No. 37 Squadron of the Royal Flying Corps, based at Stow Maries, formed to defend England against German Zeppelin attacks in the First World War. Several pilots are buried in the churchyard.