Stapleford Abbotts - St Mary
There has been a church on this site since before Norman times, but the current building is mostly 19th century. The squat brick tower was rebuilt in 1815, and the main body of the church rebuilt in 1861. The red-brick north chapel, built for the Abdy family, survives from 1638. The vestry also contains a 14th century stained glass window of Edward the Confessor.