Stanford Rivers - St Margaret of Antioch
St Margaret's was built around 1150. The nave pane uses the traditional Norman plan of two squares, so that its length is twice that of it width. The chancel was rebuilt and enlarged in the mid-15th century, when the nave was also re-roofed. The 15th century timbers had been plastered over in the 18th century but were exposed when damaged by a German V1 bomb in 1944. There are 5 Norman lancet windows which remain. The weather boarded belfry is 15th century with a leaded broach spire.