Wendens Ambo - St Mary: Nave
Originally Norman, the church has been added to and extended many times. The south aisle with circular piers is 13th century, and the north aisle which has octagonal piers was re-built in 1847. The nave clerestory with three windows to either side was added in c.1500. The chancel is c.1300 and there are remnants of medieval wall paintings depicting the life of Saint Margaret on the south chancel wall. The rood screen dates from the 15th century.