Warley - Chapel of Anglian and Essex Regiments
The Garrison Chapel of Anglian and Essex Regiments was built in 1857 on the site of the East India Company riding school. The Company had moved to Warley and established its Depot at Warley Barracks in 1843. After the Indian Mutiny the troops of the East India Company were absorbed into the British Army. In 1881 Warley became the home of the Essex Regiment. The chapel's interior contains displays of the history of the Essex Regiment, memorials, heraldry, and old regimental colours. Regular monthly services are held in the chapel which is also open by appointment, and on regimental heritage days.