Frating - Church House
The Norman window, with Roman brick surround, in the south wall of the window reveal this church's origins. In 1125 Frating was a chapel-of-ease to Great Bentley. The church once had a tower with 3 bells, but this was demolished as allegedly unsafe in 1976, and the church was subsequently declared redundant. There are windows in the Decorated style, north and south, and the chancel windows are dated c.1300. It is now a private house, although a small graveyard still remains on the adjacent corner.