Frinton-on-Sea - Old St Mary East Window
The four panels in the window were designed by Edward Burne-Jones (installed by William Morris & Co) around 1862. The panels may have originally come from Melchett Abbey. The lower mid panel is The Annunciation, based on a cartoon which Burne-Jones originally conceived as a design for a painted tile (1862, Birmingham Art Gallery) - and used at St Martins’ Scarborough, and All Saints, Dedworth. The outer panels show Angels with portative organs and harps.