Wrabness - All Saints Bell Tower
All Saints Church is largely 12 - 15th century in origin, extended in 1908 . The roof of the chancel was rebuilt in 1697 after the original roof collapsed. There is a doorway in the north wall dating from the early 12th century. At one time the church had a stone tower housing 5 bells, but this collapsed (possibly at the same time as the chancel roof fell in) and has not been rebuilt. In the 17th century, two of the bells were re-located temporarily to a wooden structure in the churchyard, where they remain today. It's known as the bell tower, although it looks more like a bell cage.