Upminster - St Laurence
The bottom parts of the tower are original c.1200 masonry. The pyramidal lead roof supports a timber lantern and spire. Apart from the 14th century north arcade, the rest of the church has been rebuilt in the 19th and 20th centuries. The church is in a central location in what was a Saxon village, but is obscured by too many large closely planted evergreens.