Colchester - Holy Trinity
The tower of Holy Trinity church is Saxon. It is just under 12 feet square with a low pyramidal roof. It is built of rubble with Roman brick in the quoins and window and door surrounds, and in decorative bandings between layers of rubble. The church closed as a place of worship in 1953, and is currently (2015) in use as a cafe and indoor market.