Purleigh - All Saints
Mainly 14th century but with some features suggestive of an older structure, the church was restored in the nineteenth century. The porch was built around 1500. The striking tower is mid-fourteenth century, built in four stages with moulded plinth and strings. The first and second stages are of alternate courses of dressed flint and squared ragstone, with one band of small yellow bricks and two bands of chequered flushwork. The third and fourth stages are of pebble rubble.